The past few weekends have been so crazy that I figured I would back track a little and share more than one weekend’s worth of shenanigans.
1. I took the train to and from Portland this weekend. It was my first time on a train and I absolutely LOVED it!
2. On Sunday night my friend S hosted girls’ night at her house. She grilled chicken and found this killer recipe in a home magazine for vodka strawberry lemonade. She picked the Thyme straight from her garden. I was impressed!
I spent most of this weekend really lonely. I don’t know why.
1. I am on the social committee of the young lawyers group in my county. I’d highly recommend the young lawyers section to any of you attorneys. It has been a huge blessing to me.
2. I’ve had a bit of luck gardening this year. I’m pretty stoked about it! My basil plants are growing like crazy. I actually have no idea what to do with basil so I better get researching. My tomato plant has lots of flowers but no tomatoes.
3. The sermon this week was AMAZING. It was a great reminder to look up to Christ, not at the world around me, and act like I want to be living this life.
I had planned to leave work around 4:00 on Friday before heading to the east side of WA, but my Bosses kicked me out at 1:30! I thought it was a trick at first.
1. Because I got to Spokane earlier than planned I had some time to kill. I had my first Five Guys. I liked it, but not nearly as much as In ‘n Out.
Then my fave and some friends went to a country dance club. I got to wear a tanktop I received in my last Stitch Fix
so that was fun :).
3. On Saturday we went to the lake. There are no more words necessary. It was fabulous.
4. Sunday Night I resisted a suit at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I don’t know how I did it because it fit perfectly and TOTAL it was only $110. gah.
5. Sunday night I went to the movies. I can’t remember the last time I went to the movies. I also don’t have a TV so I haven’t seen any movie previews. To be fair, I did watch the beginning of this preview but it seemed good 50 seconds into it, so I choose World War Z. What I would have probably seen 51 seconds into the preview is that World War Z is about Zombies. WTF Zombies!!!! I am TERRIFIED of Zombies.
If it weren’t for the beverages I drank before
and during the movie I probably would have cried. Lots of crying. That move was scary as *swear words here.*
6. I finished this weekend by traveling straight to an out of town hearing Monday morning. The cool thing was my firm paid for my room on Sunday night. The not cool thing is that I lost that hearing and learned I’m a sore loser. It ruined my entire week, and I’m not even exaggerating.
After a loser week from Hell I needed serious peace and quiet at home.
I started Saturday Morning off with a video chat with Matt from Adproval
. We discussed the functions of Adproval and how I can use it better
. It was AMAZING and I’d highly recommend Adproval to manage your ads. Saturday evening I walked through the park to a redbox and got a movie I didn’t watch. ha.
2. On a whim on Sunday I decided to look into selling some jewelry I never wear. I threw a box into my purse when I went to the farmer’s market. On my way home I saw an open Pawn Shop. I walked in, gave them the promise ring from my boyfriend senior year of high school, and walked out with $30 cold hard cash. It was pretty sweet. Oh to be 18 again…. lol
3. I don’t have any photos of this but I went to Church even though I wasn’t feeling in the mood. I made some new friends and we had frozen yogurt together. It was pretty awesome. It was also great timing because around 4:00 I was over my peace and quiet weekend and wanted to hang out with real people again.
So that’s it! That’s all of July’s Shenanigans. Whew! Are you tired, too?
Wait, someone stop playing games with me. July really can’t be over can it? That’s absurd. The more days that go by the closer I get to 28. And you know what I don’t want to be? 28. So slow your roll, 2013. There’s no rush.