There’s a fun survey floating around the internet. I was chosen by Juliette to answer the questions and even mentioned by Rachael so I feel pretty special right now :). The point is to answer six questions about myself. Here goes:
Six Things You Should Know:
1. Why did you start blogging? I started a “blog” like 10 years ago back when there was livejournal. That was because I could type easier than I could write in my diary. I started actual “Blogging” my last semester of law school. I was procrastinating studying for finals and my friend Meredith and I created blogs to pass the time. That one morphed a couple times and finally became Three Years Down, where I wrote until I started WMSB on my birthday last year.
2. What’s the best piece of advice anyone has given you? My Great Grandma wakes up every morning and studies her bible. She has told me countless times over the years that if I do that, and pray, things will turn out alright. She’s right. She also told me often that if I don’t ask, no one will know. I’m still awkward when I need help, but without that advice I think I’d be in a lot different place, trying really hard to remain 100% independent.
3. What’s your biggest struggle in life? Perfectionism. I’ve gotten a million times better than I used to be (thanks to a couple years of counseling), but I still struggle with it a lot. When I get overwhelmed with my inability to do something perfectly, I procrastinate. Then I feel guilty, which leads to more procrastination and a huge belief I’ll never have the time to learn how to do it perfectly. It’s a vicious cycle.
4. Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Read. I just have to have the self-discipline to take out a book or my kindle. It feels easier to mess around on the computer or turn on my new tv, but I feel so much better after a bit of reading.
5. What’s something you love about yourself? This post is kind of heavy so I’m going to interpret this to mean physically. My legs. The end.