I have been a serious procrastinator the last couple of weeks. Then I saw this on Wait, but why? and it totally hit a nerve.
I also don’t feel like taking my computer home but need to write a post for tomorrow.
What better topic than how I’m procrastinating blogging right now for no apparent reason. I was on SUCH a good schedule early this year and this summer. Three to four hours each Saturday I’d sit down and bust out a week’s worth of posts. I loved the consistency. I loved interacting with you all. All around I was very happy.
Then life happened. And friends happened. And traveling happened. And here I am, back to the “OH MY GOD WHAT DO I WRITE AND I NEED TO WRITE SOMETHING OR I’LL HAVE NOTHING AND NO ONE WILL READ MY BLOG AND WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?!”
As I’m sure you can tell, that is not the perfect mindset for blogging and being creative. In order to make myself own up to my procrastination station habits, here is a list of other things I’ve procrastinated at lately:
2) entering my billing at work (just finished… for last month….).
3) the quilt I’m making someone for Christmas (I cut all the fabric except the specialty fabric that hasn’t arrived yet. But I did lay that out nicely when it arrived. It’s sat there nicely ever since.)
4) cleaning my house.
5) following up on potential client sources (partially because I’m so discouraged that they never work out)
6) calling a hotel to find out why they didn’t refund my charge when I cancelled in time and confirmed it would be cancelled (I finally did that today, and now I have to wait 3-7 more days to get the money back. WHY did I do that?!)
7) calling my grandma, just to say hi.
8) … who knows what else. I’m sure there’s more. But I’m tired and I have to go to the gym.
oh yea… because I’ve been putting that off for the last 7 days too (but ya know, Thanksgiving, and traveling, and [insert other excuses here]).
Are you picking up what I’m putting down? How’s your to-do list going?