I recently came across a blog that shared a list of things she was thankful for. I found Kait’s blog through the Rising Tide Society facebook group that I’m apart of and was so excited to see someone giving outward thanks. So today I’ll have a quick post to share just a few things I’m thankful for right now.
- The Worship Changes Everything devotional on YouVersion. Tomorrow will be the last day of it and I’m actually kind of sad!
- Patient family members and boyfriend, who walked me through hanging my own blinds a couple of months ago. I cried and cried the first time I tried. The second one I hung, I waited until J was over for back up. Then on Sunday I was able to apply everything they taught me and hang 5 new ones all by myself! A before and after post is to come.
- A clean house. I shared with you in my post about why I was getting a roommate, that keeping my house neat hasn’t been a priority because I lived alone. Now that I know how restful the house can be when there aren’t dishes in the sink for three days straight, I’m hooked! This must be why when I was a teenager, my mom would wake us up at the crack of dawn on weekends to clean.
- Udemy. I downloaded a course on how to use my new DSLR and it’s been really cool! There are some other courses I hope to take once I get the basics down.
- The Chiropractor. I pulled something in my shoulder the other morning. I haven’t been able to work out since, which is SO BORING. But thankfully the immediate pain I felt significantly subsided after a quick trip to the Chiro that afternoon. I’m still sore and slightly inflamed but not in pain, which is great.
- The new Bloglovin’ layout. I’m 20 days behind on my Bloglovin’ feed. I went today to check out what’s new in there and the new Pinterest-esq layout is awesome! I’ve always enjoyed the list but now I can scroll through and see a lot more posts in a much faster time frame. Then I can see what posts are speaking to me now, what’s not relevant (like posts about Walmart (NEVER SHOP THERE) or babies), and what friends of mine have been saying that got lost in the feed. It’s great!
Starting the day with thankfulness really is a wonderful perspective-changer. I’m halfway through my first cup of coffee and ready to tackle the day!
I really want to keep a physical gratitude journal, but I haven’t found a good one that works for this season of my life. I’d like to be able to carry it around in my purse. Any ideas?