A New Year Update

friendships

Hey Everyone!

I have a couple of posts in draft like you’re used to seeing. But I wanted to check in. It’s been awhile since I’ve posted and I wanted to let you know why. I took off time during the holidays, which was so nice. I’ve been really busy at my regular job and I also wanted to spend time with my friends and family. The plan was to head back into full swing post-scheduling with the new year and I was ready to tell you all about my New Year’s Resolutions and a 2017 update to my Prayer Binder.

We went to Spokane for a wedding over New Year’s Eve with our best group of friends. It was an amazing time. And all but two of us got wiped out by the flu. J was one of the lucky ones, I was not. After a few days of a fever, cough, runny and then stuffy nose, incredibly sore back, and a lot of Netflix and Amazon Prime video, I finally worked a full, in-office day on Friday.

Dress for NYE Wedding

Us at the wedding, before the flu knocked me out. I loooved the back of this dress but the only view of it is a video of me dancing to T-Swift.

There was one day where I could barely even play a game on my iPhone. As a result, there is a lot of house keeping to do around here, and a lot of photo editing, post editing and writing to do to get the posts out. I miss you guys and didn’t want to leave you wondering what was going on. So that’s where I’ve been! I feel a lot better today and I’m hoping to be full-speed soon enough.

How has your new year started? Are you crushing your goals? Or, like me, are you going to have a New Year’s Resolution kick off a little bit later than the calendar said you should have?

[affiliate links] Dress: Express Sleeveless Lace Yoke in Black // Earrings: Marble Triangle Studs by Slate – courtesy of RocksBox (get one month free with this RocksBox Promo Code: BrittanyWMSBxoxo)

Rachael
    January 7, 2017 at 6:59 pm

I love that picture! You look gorgeous. Glad you’re on the mend!
    Rachael recently posted…Welcome 2017

Kusum
    January 8, 2017 at 9:38 am

It is always great to take a break from blogging and come back feeling refreshed, so its perfectly fine Brittany! Looks like you guys had a blast during the holidays and New Years as you should. Here’s to a wonderful 2017 to you and your family!
    xx, Kusum | http://www.sveeteskapes.com

January 19, 2017 at 8:01 am

Thanks for understanding, Kusum :). I hope you and your growing family have a wonderful 2017 as well!

Bethany ~ twoOregonians
    January 8, 2017 at 2:42 pm

What was it about this holiday season and the flu bugs??? I got hit with it, too, in Portland! I feel you on the falling behind and the trying to recover. Good luck getting back in the swing of things for the new year.

January 19, 2017 at 8:00 am

Ugh this flu this year was TERRIBLE! Almost every single person I know caught one of the strains! I hope you’re feeling better! I’m STILL a little congested but it seems mostly gone, thank goodness!

Floortje
    January 11, 2017 at 2:29 am

Hope you will have a great dear!

Xx,

|| FLOORTJELOVES ||

January 19, 2017 at 7:58 am

Thanks, Floortje! I hope you have a great year as well :)

Flying Through the Fear - Where My Soul Belongs
    January 17, 2017 at 8:03 am

[…] I spent part of that flight, working through the power sheets I couldn’t finish because of the flu. […]