My Favorite 5 Instagram Accounts by Real People

Blogging

I don’t know about you, but I am super annoyed with inauthentic Instagram accounts. In my opinion, commenting and following bots ruin everything. It makes me suspicious of everyone who follows me or comments on one of my photos. I miss the days when Instagram was still pretty, but people actually shared real content, and engaged with other real content.

5 Authentic and Engaged Instagram Accounts, Run by Real People

For that reason, I decided to share with you my favorite 5 Instagram accounts by real people. None of these accounts, as far as I can tell, have left an obviously irrelevant and bot generated comment on any of my photos, and I see that they engage with the people who engage with them in their comments. Plus, their photos are interesting, gorgeous, and value driven.

You can follow these awesome instagrammers by clicking the header or the screen shot of their account. Check them out, and let me know about any other accounts you enjoy (even your own) in the comments!

@chasingmyhalo

Angie of Chasing My Halo is a Seattle blogger who I got to meet at the Bloggers of the PNW meet up in 2016. We recently got together for her joint baby shower, themed Bloggers, Babies and Bling. Her pregnancy story is a wonderful miracle that I’m sure you’ll enjoy.

5 Authentic and Engaged Instagram Accounts, Run by Real People

@nbellediaries

Lisette of Northern Belle Diaries is a FL based blogger whose Instagram account is a perfect blend of day to day life and what’s on her blog.

5 Authentic and Engaged Instagram Accounts, Run by Real People

@wongexposure

Joshua Wong is a professional photographer in Seattle, WA who is truly engaged with the people who comment on his photos and the people he follows, plus he takes incredible shots! That’s a win-win, if you ask me! Also, check out his other account Fruits in the Wild when you get to his profile. It’s awesome.

5 Authentic and Engaged Instagram Accounts, Run by Real People

@sprinklemepinkblog

Shelby of Sprinkle Me Pink Blog is a New England based blogger whose Instagram account is the epitome of cheerful, peppy and gorgeously pink photos. They aren’t the little kid, bubble gum type of pink photos. No way. They’re artistic, inspiring and totally yummy looking. Someone get me one of those strawberry cocktails, ASAP!

5 Authentic and Engaged Instagram Accounts, Run by Real People

@michellelocke6

Michelle of Writing Between Pauses is an Oregon based blogger who shares her great style, beautiful pictures and encouraging phrases. Her account reminds me of what you’d talk about if you went to coffee with a girlfriend.

5 Authentic and Engaged Instagram Accounts, Run by Real People

Honorable mentions (aka Bloggers I talk about all the time so you probably already know they’re awesome): @neelykins from It Starts with Coffee who shows what it’s like behind the scenes of being a full time blogger, and @michelleschro from Making Sense of Cents who Instagrams all of her adventures living in an RV.

What do you look for in an Instagram account? Do you disagree with me about bots?

I wrote this post before it was published today. When I woke up, I read that Instagress, one of the companies that runs bot comments among other services, is being shut down by the request of Instagram. While I wish success for people who start businesses, perhaps this means there is hope that Instagram will return to its authentic story roots!

Scarlet for rigaonlinne.com
    April 20, 2017 at 7:29 am

this post is so helpful .
    thanks for this

Gillian
    April 20, 2017 at 7:37 am

These folks all have lovely feeds. Thanks for sharing.

Emma-Hope Newitt
    April 20, 2017 at 8:49 am

I love seeing what accounts other bloggers are enjoying so I thoroughly enjoyed this post, there’s a few I’ll definitely be checking out after reading this!

Sushmita
    April 20, 2017 at 9:04 am

These of your 5 favorites have an amazing feed, loved it!
    Thanks for sharing dear :)
    Sushmita recently posted…Why I Blog: Me Time

Stephanie
    April 20, 2017 at 9:41 am

I’m still new to Instagram and didn’t know there were bots following and unfollowing. I like Instagram so much because of the connections I’ve been able to make with a lot of people. I completely agree with you.

Jessica Collazo
    April 20, 2017 at 11:06 am

I get what you say about real instagramers. You just see a bunch of detox tee and fake acounts. The don’t show nice pictures anymore or if they do is just promotional pictures. Mine is just about my blog for now. It was personal but I change it.

lea
    April 20, 2017 at 11:47 am

This post is great. I really value people on Instagram who are still “real” I dont like to see only those super polished feeds, the more organic and natural the better :)

Amanda | Maple Alps
    April 20, 2017 at 4:01 pm

This! I follow some of these accounts and I love them as well! I really like how you shared “real people” accounts – really refreshing!

Angie Scheie
    April 21, 2017 at 12:03 am

Thank you so much for the feature friend!!
    I love finding new accounts, and these are all new to me!

xo

McKenzie Allyshia
    April 22, 2017 at 6:23 pm

Those spam bots drive me absolutely crazy, I hate it! I wish that those accounts would get deleted immediately. I love the Instagram accounts that you shared though — I will have to check them out!

ShootingStarsMag
    April 23, 2017 at 6:40 pm

Thanks for sharing! I try and talk with people who comment on my posts – or at least visit their page if all they was like. I want to make connections. And yeah, bots make no sense to me. I don’t think I’ve had much trouble with them – I’m not that big LOL – but the idea should be sharing with real people.
    ShootingStarsMag recently posted…Top 5 Friday Favorites: Favorite Things Giveaway

Anne Kepner
    May 18, 2017 at 9:14 am

These instagrammers is so awesome. They have a wide range of beautiful photographs. I definitely follow them on instargram!
    Anne Kepner recently posted…Top 4 Best Tennis Ball Machines 2017- Reviews, Buying Guide & Drills

May 22, 2017 at 6:53 am

I’m glad you like them, too!