Things I Haven’t Done Enough of this Summer

Adventures

We had a late start to spring/summer in the Pacific Northwest because the weather was terribly gloomy over the looooong winter. Apparently someone forgot to remind Mother Nature to turn on warmer weather and sunshine in this part of the country until we were well into spring. This really cut into our normal outdoor activities like boating, hiking and camping.

With only a little more than a month of summer left (nooooooooo!), I have been thinking of all of the things we haven’t done enough of this summer. Think of it as a mini-summer to-do list.

How to refocus your summer to do list, to enjoy the remaining month before fall

Things I Haven’t Done Enough Of:

• Gone Boating – I’ve only been once this entire year! What the heck?!
  • Gone Hiking – I went hiking while I was in Denver for work, but that’s it. I miss hiking!

• Gone to the Museum – exactly no times. I think part of why this was extra enticing during the summer is because they have air conditioning. Now, I have air conditioning. But we can get free passes to the local museums from our library and I love to go visit them.
4 Ways to Stay Active During the Gloomy PNW Winter

Checking out the glass museum a couple of years ago with my friends Sara and Meghan

• Sat outside and read a book. I have done this a decent amount of times, just not nearly enough.
  • Gone to sporting events.
  • 5ks.

5 Tips for Running Outside as the Seasons Change

Things to do:

1. Take the boat out and go camping at least one weekend. – We have plans to do this already, so assuming that nothing goes crazy on my work calendar that impedes this, we should at least have one more boating and camping experience this year!
  2. Find a friend to commit to a hike with, or at least go for a walking “hike” in one of our gorgeous parks like Point Defiance or the Tacoma Nature Center.
  3. Go to the library and check out museum passes. Go alone or with a friend.
  4. The next time I’m reading during the day, grab a blanket and go sit in the backyard instead of on the couch.
  5. I have tickets to one more Mariner’s game, but I’m bummed I didn’t catch a single Rainier’s game. Those are really fun! Check out more sporting event options this summer and see if there are any more games I can catch.
  6. I have done one 5k this year, and it wasn’t even during the summer! By this time last year, I had done four! I will find a 5k to run in August or September, and sign up for it.

What haven’t you done enough of this summer? What are you going to do to make sure you fully enjoy this season, before we enter into fall?

Christina K. Rambo
    August 9, 2017 at 7:01 am

We are doing pretty well with the “bucket list.” I want to do more of those relaxing things around home — like reading outside. It seems like that should be so easy, but it rarely happens : /

August 9, 2017 at 7:04 am

Right? That’s how I feel too! Even last night I thought, “I should read a book.” Instead, I got caught surfing the internet for an hour and a half.

Julie
    August 9, 2017 at 8:46 am

I always want to go to a farmers market but I never plan the time to do it. I also want to go to a drive in movie. We tried last year but underestimated how many people go. It was filled up 90 minutes before the movie started. I like the idea of sitting outside and reading. I sit on the deck when the dogs are playing outside but I just stare at my phineZ reading a book would be much more productive.

Keziah Corry
    August 9, 2017 at 12:52 pm

I cant believe there is less than a month left of summer already! I love the idea of making a mini bucket list for this last month! There is still so much I want to do!.

Revel and Glitter
    August 9, 2017 at 1:32 pm

I posted our summer bucket list back in June and I think we are almost halfway through! I thought we would wipe it out and the kids would be bored!

Neely Moldovan
    August 9, 2017 at 3:08 pm

Being your friend and following along with your adventures you’ve done some awesome things this summer!

August 9, 2017 at 3:09 pm

I feel like I’ve lived in a “just got engaged” dream for almost all of it! It’s definitely been enjoyable but I feel like I’m letting summer disappear! Thanks for saying this :). It puts my self-expectations in perspective a little

ShootingStarsMag
    August 9, 2017 at 5:27 pm

I hope you get to do a lot more of these things! I’ve done a lot of outdoor reading, which is great. I really hope to get some more time in the pool if I can. ALSO – I really need to do a picnic in the park.
    ShootingStarsMag recently posted…Permanent Ink by Avon Gale and Piper Vaughn

Taylor Mobley
    August 9, 2017 at 9:38 pm

I’m totally with you – I haven’s done so many of the things I wanted to this summer! I can’t believe how fast it goes by!

Sami
    August 10, 2017 at 4:40 am

I haven’t done anything outdoorsy this summer, but down here in Florida we have been soaking wet, plus the humidity is thick enough to cut with a knife. Most of our outdoor stuff will have to wait until Fall.
    Bummed about it, but nature is trying to take me out this year.