We had a late start to spring/summer in the Pacific Northwest because the weather was terribly gloomy over the looooong winter. Apparently someone forgot to remind Mother Nature to turn on warmer weather and sunshine in this part of the country until we were well into spring. This really cut into our normal outdoor activities like boating, hiking and camping.
With only a little more than a month of summer left (nooooooooo!), I have been thinking of all of the things we haven’t done enough of this summer. Think of it as a mini-summer to-do list.
Things I Haven’t Done Enough Of:
- Gone Boating – I’ve only been once this entire year! What the heck?!
- Gone Hiking – I went hiking while I was in Denver for work, but that’s it. I miss hiking!
- Gone to the Museum – exactly no times. I think part of why this was extra enticing during the summer is because they have air conditioning. Now, I have air conditioning. But we can get free passes to the local museums from our library and I love to go visit them.
- Sat outside and read a book. I have done this a decent amount of times, just not nearly enough.
- Gone to sporting events.
Things to do:
- Take the boat out and go camping at least one weekend. – We have plans to do this already, so assuming that nothing goes crazy on my work calendar that impedes this, we should at least have one more boating and camping experience this year!
- Find a friend to commit to a hike with, or at least go for a walking “hike” in one of our gorgeous parks like Point Defiance or the Tacoma Nature Center.
- Go to the library and check out museum passes. Go alone or with a friend.
- The next time I’m reading during the day, grab a blanket and go sit in the backyard instead of on the couch.
- I have tickets to one more Mariner’s game, but I’m bummed I didn’t catch a single Rainier’s game. Those are really fun! Check out more sporting event options this summer and see if there are any more games I can catch.
- I have done one 5k this year, and it wasn’t even during the summer! By this time last year, I had done four! I will find a 5k to run in August or September, and sign up for it.
What haven’t you done enough of this summer? What are you going to do to make sure you fully enjoy this season, before we enter into fall?