Bar Exam Blackout

Bar Exam #2, Lawyering

It’s official. The Bar Exam has hit full force. I deactivated my Facebook on Monday.

I actually went over a year from 2011-2012 without one for no reason at all. It is much more peaceful not knowing what all of your “friends” are up to.

It is especially useful to not have a Facebook during the Bar Exam. Even if you’re a person who isn’t addicted to Facebook, you would be well served to deactivate during this time.

On my way to the Procrastination Station.

On my way to the Procrastination Station.

When you’re studying for the bar there comes a time where EVERYTHING is more exciting than the exam. Suddenly you are really curious about what your second grade friend is up to, ya know the one who never moved out of his parents’ house and posts a lot of song lyrics and World of Warcraft updates? Instantly, any information that won’t bring you to the elements of a prima facie case becomes a fact you want to know.

Don’t get sucked in. Make yourself walk away. In a few weeks you will hit full freak out mode and you’ll wonder what happened to all your time. It’s likely you’re fine anyway, but having the hours wasted on the internet haunt you the night before the exam won’t help.

We can do this, guys! Keep it up. Drink more coffee. Fill up your soda. Let go of your social life.

(And once it’s over, I wish we could all get together and do a shot or two of vodka. ha)

Megan
    January 16, 2013 at 9:12 am

Whoa. No facebook? Nice! I’ll be praying for ya!

And if I was in Washington, I’d buy you that vodka shot afterwards! ;)

January 18, 2013 at 5:10 pm

Haha! Thanks, Megan! I would definitely appreciate it!

It was a lot easier to give up this time for some reason.

Heather @ From Here to There
    January 16, 2013 at 9:22 am

I’m proud of you for deactivating facebook, that was probably a wise choice. I really don’t use facebook very frequently anymore. Good luck with studying and the bar exam! :)

January 18, 2013 at 5:11 pm

Thanks, Heather! :)

Kristina
    January 18, 2013 at 8:48 pm

I deleted my Facebook in 2010 and never looked back! I honestly don’t miss it.
    Good luck on your bar exams! You will do fabulous! Will be praying for you :)

January 19, 2013 at 10:06 am

Thank you, Kristina! I don’t even miss it right now. I guess I’m not as addicted as the first time I deactivated.

Thanks for your encouraging words :). They are very appreciated!

What it's like to take the Bar Exam - Where My Soul Belongs
    June 22, 2015 at 8:03 am

[…] Unless you have the world’s best self control, it will probably require you at some point to deactivate your social media accounts. […]