How I Supplement my Income Online

Blogging, Debt Repayment

Supplement my Income Online
Last week I shared my goal to pay off 50% of my credit card debt by December 31, 2013.  I figured as part of the accountability process, I would share one way that I supplement my income through the web.  The best part about this method? Anyone with an internet connection can do it.  I use Swagbucks to search instead of google.  That’s it.

You use Swagbucks the exact same way as google. Simply type what you’re looking for into your search bar and you’re brought to relevant results. Occasionally I will need to go to google for more information on a subject or a map, but it’s pretty rare.

So what’s the difference between Swagbucks and Google? Swagbucks gives you points. At random times throughout the day you will be given “bucks.” These can range from a couple points, to 100 (I think). I think my largest was 59. I felt ridiculously lucky that day. Also, every hour a new person is given 1,000 Swagbucks as long as they check the page and claim it. Yes, this really happens. It happened to me!  A nice person sent me an @ on twitter to tell me!

photo ScreenShot2013-01-23at65304PM_zps03cc1bbf.png
There are other ways to earn bucks that don’t involve pure luck. First, you can answer the poll of the day every day for 1 buck. You can answer surveys that “pay out” around 60 bucks. You can even print out coupons and use those! Every time you use a coupon you earn 10 bucks! That’s basically like saving money at twice the speed! I’ve done this for tons of groceries and love the satisfaction of my bill being lower + the discovery of a buck-jump later that month. Plus, they recently started a shop and earn program where if you shop online (places like target, apple), you’ll earn a certain number of bucks for every dollar you spend.

All of those bucks add up to be redeemed for “prizes.” Pretty sweet prizes. For 450 bucks you can get a $5 Amazon Gift Card (generally the best deal), and 500 points will get you $5 to Target, Starbucks, CVS, Chili’s… the list goes on and on. To be honest, I wonder why people DON’T simply set their browser to default to the Swagbucks search engine, and earn away!

In 2013 I have already cashed in enough Swagbucks to get $50 cash from PayPal. No, I’m not kidding. I’ll even prove it:

Supplement my Income Online

Do you use Swagbucks? Are you going to start now?

Law_Fal
    May 4, 2013 at 6:51 am

I’ve never heard of this before but I will definitely try it out! I set a goal to pay off all my consumer debt by the end of the summer. It’s funny how much u save when you don’t frivolously spend unnecessary money.

June 3, 2013 at 9:59 am

I wish I had realized all of my frivolous spending earlier!

Megan
    May 6, 2013 at 11:50 am

I love swagbucks. I’ve been using it for four years now, and most often get amazon cards. Do you do the noso every day? And use the toolbar?

June 3, 2013 at 9:59 am

I don’t use the toolbar, but I try to remember to answer the survey. And since I have it set as my default search bar I earn points pretty quickly.

Laura
    May 7, 2013 at 9:00 am

I am so glad I read this!!! I’ve been wondering what you’ve been tweeting about.

May 7, 2013 at 10:29 am

haha! I only tweet maybe 10% of the time I get swagbucks, too! :)

Jessa O
    August 6, 2013 at 2:31 pm

I have swagbucks account, but it seems like you have a spend money to get the swag bucks.I check it every now and agin.

August 7, 2013 at 10:28 am

Oh really? I don’t think I’ve spent any money to get any swagbucks, unless it was something I genuinely needed and I just don’t remember. I get all of mine from searching, surveys and referral points :).

How to Save Money as a Single Person at the Grocery Store - Where My Soul Belongs
    September 9, 2013 at 4:16 am

[…] save me a ton of money when I shop. I get coupons from a couple places: Swagbucks (you earn “bucks” every time you redeem a coupon), the paper, junk mail and store specific iPhone […]

How to Enjoy Couponing, Without Being Extreme {12/31 Days to Enjoy Life} - Where My Soul Belongs
    October 12, 2013 at 5:55 pm

[…] AND for rare items like produce and meat. Additionally, Swagbucks has printable coupons that ALSO earn you points when you redeem them. […]

Surf the Web Saturdays - v. 23 - Where My Soul Belongs
    September 19, 2015 at 7:34 am

[…] I was looking for a specific post, but typed the address in wrong. It brought me to swagbucks and reminded me that it’s been awhile since I talked about it. Do you use swagbucks? It’s a free search engine that gives you points when you search. I’ve earned a lot of amazon gift cards simply by making it my standard search engine. You can read my review of the service here. […]