I hope you are enjoying a relaxing and fun Thanksgiving holiday with family and/or friends. I thought on this lovely fall day (the sun is out in Seattle) I’d list a few things I’m thankful for this year.
1. The Dallas Cowboys. But let’s not lose like last year. I believe in you guys!
2. The opportunity to have pretend Thanksgiving with my mom, sister, grandma, great grandma, uncle and his husband last week; and hanging out with my dad over the weekend. They even surprised me with a birthday cake! Luckily I still have a few weeks until I have to face 28 head on.
3. My cousin and her boyfriend moving to the PNW this fall. It has been a HUGE blessing to have family here. I haven’t lived near family in a really long time (9 years except for that 10 months I lived in Big City in 2011). It’s amazing how similar we are even though we never hung out as children.
4. A lot of invitations for Thanksgiving dinner. I don’t mind living alone and being alone a lot of the time, but the holidays are always harder than I expect. I was blessed with several invitations for Thanksgiving. xoxo
5. My Church. I have gone to several “megachurches” in my time as a Christian. So when I am a part of a church family that actually FEELS like a family it is an incredible blessing. I love the teachings of our pastors and guest pastors, the community built, and the focus on everyone being a part of the whole. It’s a great joy on Sundays to go somewhere that I know I will have friends and can volunteer to serve and fully support the missions of the church.